Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Consistent mediocrity: the rotisserie chicken

As a blogger with a CSA, you better believe I started this whole endeavor with every intention to post pictures of my food. But, seeing as this is a "lifestyle blog" that chronicles my own personal brand of lifestyle, I think it's only fair that that my posts are an accurate reflection of my existence.

Sure I have a refrigerator full of farm-fresh vegetables just waiting to be cooked up into an elaborate and nutritious feast, but as I was dragging my body back to my car this evening after a long day at work, I knew what was on the menu: rotisserie chicken remnants.

I'm so tired of ambition in nearly every capacity, and certainly when it comes to cooking. That's the beauty of the rotisserie chicken- it's nothing special, there's no sense of accomplishment when you sit down to eat, but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye. And, at five bucks, what a bargain! In this crazy world where we're all just trying to get by while keeping our souls from getting crushed too badly, it's nice to know that something like a rotisserie chicken will always be there.

The rotisserie chicken possibilities are essentially endless. You can warm it up, you can make a sandwich, you can pick the last remaining bits of meat off the bones for a stir fry, and when you think there's nothing left, you can make chicken soup. For today's serving suggestion, I recommend just keeping it simple and pairing it with some lettuce and tomato on a stale chunk of leftover baguette. Bon appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment